For more than 30 years, Shumaker Williams, P.C. has responded to the diverse legal services needs of trade associations. Our Firm has provided advice to numerous Pennsylvania trade associations with respect to:
• 501(c)(6) tax-exempt status
• Non-profit corporate issues
• Organizational governance and board relationships
• Unique legal issues affecting their industry
Included among our association clients are:
• Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Maryland, Inc.
• Maryland Association of Mortgage Brokers
• Pennsylvania Association of Auto License Brokers, Inc.
• Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers
• Pennsylvania Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus
• Pennsylvania Association of Mortgage Brokers
• Pennsylvania Automotive Recycling Trade Society (“PARTS”)
• Pennsylvania Bus Association
• Pennsylvania Independent Automobile Dealers Association
• Pennsylvania Medical Society
• Pennsylvania School Bus Association
• Pennsylvania Tourism & Lodging Association
• Pennsylvania Towing Association, Inc.
• Pennsylvanians for Local Competition
In addition, our Firm offers a full breadth of government relations services to assist associations in monitoring the legislative process on the federal and state level, including experience in drafting legislation, representing clients before legislative and regulatory officials, public policy involvement, grassroots mobilization, coalition building and formation of Political Action Committees.